Tuberculosis (TB) is a disease caused by a fungus like bacterium called mycobacterium tuberculosis which is a lung infection. The most common form of tuberculosis is pulmonary tuberculosis in which major organ involved is lung however other organs may also get involved.
Early Tuberculosis Symptoms.
There are often no symptoms in early tuberculosis and the disease may only be accidentally discovered through a routine x ray of the lungs. The disease starts as an inflammation in one lung which develops into a cavity. As the progressive destruction of the lungs occurs the symptoms appear more dramatically with coughing, appearance of blood in sputum, shortness of breath, fever, sweating, poor appetite and weight loss.
There are two stages of tuberculosis.
Inactive tuberculosis: Tuberculosis bacteria remain inactive and do not cause symptoms because your immune system prevents you for becoming sick. It is estimated that 3 million people a year are currently dying from TB and up to one third of the world’s population carry the bacteria with no ill effects. The only way to diagnose it is to get skin or blood test.
Active Tuberculosis: In this condition symptoms develop suddenly or slowly and infection can spread to another person.
|Inactive tuberculosis||Active Tuberculosis|
Track Your Symptoms and Get Tested.
- If you are coughing more than three weeks.
- If you have found blood in sputum (Hemoptysis).
- If you feel shortness of breath.
- If you feel like flu or high fever and chills.
- If you feel full or refuse to take mills.
- If you feel fatigue.
- If you have lost weight.
- If you are complaining of night sweating
- If you are feeling chest pain.
These above symptoms are common and early signs which indicate you might have tuberculosis. Most of people take these symptoms easy and it results in more severe symptoms. It remain untreated tuberculosis can spread to other organs. Below is the list of sever symptoms of tuberculosis.
- If the tuberculosis went to spine, you will suffer back pain.
- If kidney gets involved then you will find blood with urine.
- You will feel headaches if brain gets involved.
Please note that tuberculosis only spread by air and not by
- Hand shaking with people suffering from TB
- Sharing Food or drinks.